Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Put Me In, Coach!!!

I'm not, repeat, NOT a coordinated sports person. I tried. I spent my youth dabbling in cross country & track running, cheerleading, volleyball, softball, t-ball, ballet and tap dancing, gymnastics, basketball, football, ice and roller skating, and even some of the strategy and soft sports of bowling, chess, checkers and other random attempts at being interactive, physically fit and learn physical and mental skills. Key words being, 'attempt'. I don't think I found my niche in the sports arena, but I really do enjoy watching and cheering on all the real talent. 
My experiences in this field though, taught me a lot about life, myself, others, team work, diligence, perseverance, passion, empathy, supporting and protecting one another on your team. I never had the chance to say Thank you to all my coaches, peers & even my personal moral support coach, my mom- Thank you! Each person impacted me & my growth to achieve, persevere & overcome. Even if I wasn't good at it, in Every situation I learned.
This is Coaching:
Coaching is guiding, redirecting, teaching new skills or strategies. 
Coaching is not doing it for you, helping you by holding your hand or taking it easy on you. Coaching is to inspire, get you to dig deep for the answers, to push yourself harder & give you the motivation to believe in yourself & your skills to do it! 
Coaching is not easy. Every person is different in the way that they are motivated & in how to fine tune their skills. With Coaching, it's homework & practice, practice, practice! Things don't change unless you make the change.

For me, Life Coaching is my calling. 
It is a beautiful experience to know that my client is ready to grow out of their comfort zone, break free from the excuses & limiting beliefs to become more than what they are living! It is an honor for me to work with my clients- someone who trusts my expertise & skill & assist them with the strategies to make miniscule changes with BIG Results!

I have been a counselor for 15+ years & find better results in 1/3 the time when Coaching than with counseling. That's HUGE! We don't have time to dwell on the past or wallow in the present, it's time to move on!

We live in an instant gratification & disposable society. If it doesn't work, throw it out. But what if it's just a small tweak that needs adjusting for it to sustain? No need to start over, just adjust. Knowledge is power. You don't know what you don't know. So how do you know? Ask.

2023 is almost here. 
What kind of life do you want for this next year? Are you tired of the mundane & feeling 'stuck'? What changes need to happen before you are living a fulfilling & prosperous life?
How can I help you help yourself?

Many blessings for a great rest of the year & a fantastic 2023!
~Coach Jessica *

No comments:

Post a Comment