Friday, June 5, 2015

The Unknown

I've always found it a challenge to face the unknowns of a situation.
I suppose it's my curiosity that's gotten the better of me, over the fear, that is. But I've also noticed that I've only been willing when I was mature enough to grasp the concepts and consequences of the situation I'm about to face. When I have been forced to approach the obstacle at a time when I was not ready, I found that I would retreat and withdraw from my normal outgoing self.
Fear can be a powerful thing. It can change a person, instantaneously! It can make the weak strong or the powerful whimper; it can make the brave cower or the meek charge. Fear is a threat to a person's well-being, their status, rights, or to what is important to them. Just like the fear an animal experiences and reacts to with natural instincts; we humans have the same threats and surges-just on different levels.
True character emerges in these times of adversity. What is your true character? Have you had times that have challenged who you truly are? It's easy to revert back into habits of familiarity, our blankets of comfort-what we know because we know how to handle them-but beyond that? Do you dare?
A flower thrusts through the shield of its seed to grow, blossom and flourish beauty and share their lovely fragrance with all-a chick breaks free from the shell of which it developed to fight against the odds of all its predators to succeed in survival-where are you hiding? Are you ready to leave the comforts of your confine?
Free yourself from your Fears. Have Faith. Believe in yourself and your capabilities. Reach out, expand your wings and fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment